For those that don’t know, version 18 of Kodi is called Leia in honor of Carrie Fisher. In this guide, we will show you how to download and install it. Now that this is a live product, you will notice that it has not changed much since they released the first versions in 2018. To get this version of Kodi, simply follow the instructions we show below. All Kodi builds and add-ons designed for Leia should work just fine on this version so you should not have any issues.
|Reminder: Using a VPN with Kodi will allow you to privately access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend ExpressVPN, a fast, no-log VPN. You can use their Fire TV app to change IP and unblock restrictions. Save 49% off unlimited VPN with our promotion.|
How to Install Kodi 18 (Leia) on Windows 10
- Begin by going to www.kodi.tv and click on the Download button.
- Scroll down the page until you see the “Choose your weapon” section. Of course, pick the Windows version.
- Select the install file for 64bit or 32bit.
- When complete, open the file and run it.
- Proceed through the Kodi setup wizard. If you want to take a look now, check the box that says Run Kodi and click Finish.
- You are now ready to use the Leia version of Kodi for Windows.
At this point, you may not see many differences between Leia and Krypton. However, we have noticed some changes. System icons are larger now and instead of going to different screens, they have put the File Manager and Add-ons icons next to each other, and at the top of the screen. In other words, you can easily install the files after you add them to your list. We like this change already. It definitely makes the program easier to use, and they have not really changed it much since they first started releasing the beta versions. However, there is no telling if they will change that in the future. Check back for updates.