Like previous versions, the Kodi team offers their latest version for multiple platforms. In this guide, we will tell you how to install version 18 (Leia) on your Macintosh. That way, you can run it as a native application to take advantage of the gestures and controls. Leia, named such in honor of Carrie Fisher, has changed very little since they released the earliest versions in the middle of 2018. Since this is a stable build of the program, all addons and builds that are compatible with this version should install without any issues. Please note, you need to be running OS X 10.9 or better.
|Reminder: Using a VPN with Kodi will allow you to privately access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend ExpressVPN, a fast, no-log VPN. You can use their Fire TV app to change IP and unblock restrictions. Save 49% off unlimited VPN with our promotion.|
How to Install Kodi 18 (Leia) on Macintosh OS X
- Begin by going to www.kodi.tv and click on the Download button at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down the page until you see the “Choose your weapon” section. Of course, pick the Mac version.
- Select installer (64bit) next to “Release”.
- When done, you will find the dmg file in your downloads folder.
- Locate the folder in the bottom dock and open it.
- Now, you will see the blue Kodi window. All you have to do now is drag and drop the icon into the “Applications” folder so it will install.
- From the left sidebar, you can access Kodi by going to Applications. Now, just double click. If you run into a problem with the program being blocked because of the 3rd party add-ons, we suggest using the CMD key and right-clicking on the Kodi application, and clicking open.
If you are new to Kodi, the program is easy to use. For those that are not new, you may not see many differences between Leia and Krypton. However, we have noticed some changes. System icons are larger now and instead of going to different screens, they have put the File Manager and Add-ons icons next to each other, and at the top of the screen. In other words, you can easily install the files after you add them to your list. This is a great change to the program and makes the program easier to use. That said, they have not really changed it much since they first started releasing the beta versions. Please check back for updates.