As with previous versions of Kodi, the team offers its latest version of the popular program on multiple platforms. In this guide, we will tell you how to install version 18 (Leia) on your FireOS device. They make it pretty to install on the Firestick. Leia, named such in honor of Carrie Fisher, has changed very little since they released the earliest versions in the middle of 2018. Since this is a stable build of the program, all addons and builds that are compatible with this version should install without any issues. Please note, you need to instruct your device to accept 3rd party applications by going to Settings > Device > Developer Options > Apps from Unknown Sources.
|Reminder: Using a VPN with Kodi will allow you to privately access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend ExpressVPN, a fast, no-log VPN. You can use their Fire TV app to change IP and unblock restrictions. Save 49% off unlimited VPN with our promotion.|
Install Using Downloader
- Upon opening the Firestick, move the cursor to the left until you see the Downloader option.
- Next, click on the Cloud Icon to download it. Then, open it.
- Once inside, go to the left sidebar and choose Settings.
- Return to the Home section of the app and enter Http://kodi.tv.
- Scroll all the way down on the website until you the Android logo. It should say ARMV7A (32BIT).
- After the download completes, push the Install button in the bottom-right corner.
- Open Kodi and enjoy.
Install Using ES File Explorer
This option is much like the first one. However, this time you would type in ES File Explorer.
- Next, click on the Cloud Icon to download it. Then, open it by pushing the Play Button.
- Once inside, go to Favorites > Add > Path > https://bit.ly/2DFCvHE. Now, name it Kodi.
- Return to the home screen and from the left sidebar, go back to Favorites > Kodi to start the download.
- Return once again to the sidebar, and go down and then all the way until you find a button that says More. When you do, select Open in Browser.
- When you are asked if you want ES Download to open that link, make sure to click on Just Once.
- Next, go to Open File and then Install.
- You will now enter the installation screen of Kodi. Choose Install in the bottom-right corner and press Open in the bottom-right corner to launch the app.
Those are the two most common ways to install Kodi on the Amazon Firestick. Of course, for directions after that point, please follow our convenient guides. If you are new to Kodi, the program is easy to use. For those that are not new, you may not see many differences between Leia and Krypton. However, we have noticed some changes. System icons are larger now and instead of going to different screens, they have put the File Manager and Add-ons icons next to each other, and at the top of the screen. In other words, you can easily install the files after you add them to your list. This is a great change to the program and makes the program easier to use. That said, they have not really changed it much since they first started releasing the beta versions. Please check back for updates.