For those that want to use Kodi on their Smartphone, you are in luck. It is said the world runs on Android. Of course, that is true with Kodi. Fortunately, they make it extremely easy to install on your favorite Android-based device. In this guide, we will cover 2 of the most popular ways to do it.
|Reminder: Using a VPN with Kodi will allow you to privately access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend ExpressVPN, a fast, no-log VPN. You can use their Fire TV app to change IP and unblock restrictions. Save 49% off unlimited VPN with our promotion.|
Using Google Play Store
This is often the easiest method to use. Simply follow these steps.
- Open Google Play Store from your favorite device.
- In Search, type in Kodi.
- You should now see some options, the one you are looking for is the Kodi official application created by the XBMC Foundation. Click the icon.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the addon to install. You can now find it on your device under apps.
The next way is from the Google Chrome browser.
Using Google Chrome
- Make sure you have the Google Chrome Browser installed.
- Go to https://kodi.tv/download and where it says “Choose Your Weapon” select Android.
- Click on the Android logo. You will see a number of options here, but the ones that we are looking for are ARMV7A (32bit) or ARMV8A (64bit). Which one you choose depends on if you have an older or newer device, The newer ones use the 64bit technology, and the older ones use 32bit.
- You should now see an active notification when the download ends.
- Once done, click the on the notification to be taken to the File Explorer. Then, click Next a few times and Kodi will finish on its own.
And that is all there is to installing Kodi on your Android device. For directions after that point, please follow our convenient guides. If you are new to Kodi, the program is easy to use. For those that are not new, you may not see many differences between Leia and Krypton. However, we have noticed some changes. System icons are larger now and instead of going to different screens, they have put the File Manager and Add-ons icons next to each other, and at the top of the screen. In other words, you can easily install the files after you add them to your list. This is a great change to the program and makes the program easier to use. That said, they have not really changed it much since they first started releasing the beta versions. Please check back for updates.