Spotify is one of the largest music streaming services in the world. Unlike competitors that offer a fixed number of stations, you have the option of creating your own playlists and select your own music by using the service. Though there are free and premium accounts available usually, the Spotify add-on for Kodi requires a premium account to use the service. You may sign up for one at the end, but we will show you how to install the add-on first.
How to Install the Spotify Addon for Kodi v17 Krypton
First, we will start with the Krypton version of Kodi. Be aware you have to download the file located here. Once you click on the link, you want to download the zip file that is labeled repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5.zip. Now, the version of this add-on maybe different. Be sure you remember where you saved the file, so you can find it easier.
- Start by opening Kodi.
- From here select Add-ons. You should see the icon of an opened box with an arrow pointing inside. Go ahead and click on it. This is the add-on browser screen. Select Install from zip file.
- Click on the file we mentioned above, and it should be labeled repository.beta.emby.kodi-x.x.x.zip.
- Wait for the notification message.
- Next, go to Install from repository, select Kodi Emby Beta Addons, Music add-ons the Spotify add-on, and then Install.
- To access, go to back to the home screen and choose Add-ons > Audio Add-ons > Spotify.
Be aware that you will have to leave Kodi and go to Spotify to allow the plugin. It will work as soon as you grant the plugin permission. That is all there is to the Spotify add-on. Providing you have a premium account, you can listen to Spotify just as you would if you were using other methods. Please share our guide with your friends so they can get the most out of Kodi.
How to Install the Spotify Addon for Kodi v16 Jarvis
If you are using Jarvis, the instructions vary slightly but should be easy to follow. Be aware you have to download the file located here.
- Open Kodi Jarvis (v16.1)
- From here, click on the heading that says System.
- From here, click on Add-ons and then choose the option that says Install from zip file.
- Choose the file that you downloaded earlier. It should be labeled repository.beta.emby.kodi-x.x.x.zip.
- Wait for a few moments, and you’ll get a notification message telling you the repo is enabled.
- Now select Install from repository > Kodi Emby Beta Addons > Music add-ons > Spotify
- Access the add-on by going to Videos > Audio Add-Ons > Spotify from your home screen.