Kodi not only offers video add-ons, but also audio ones as well. If you are already an Android user, chances are you know about the free internet radio company called TuneIn Radio. This channel is responsible for bringing radio to a much bigger audience online than would normally listen. You have the ability to listen to radio broadcasts from all over the world.
Though there are some premium TuneIn Radio stations, a vast majority of them are free. However, you will need to create a free account. If you already have one, you are set. To get this add-on for TuneIn Radio, you will need to go to Brian Hornsby’s website, and download it. You will want to save it to a location that you can easily find it in.
Install TuneIn Radio Addon for Kodi v17 Krypton
- Start by opening Kodi.
- From here select Add-ons. You should see the icon of an opened box with an arrow pointing inside. Go ahead and click on it. This is the add-on browser screen. Select Install from zip file.
- Click on the file we mentioned above, and it should be labeled
- Wait for the notification message.
- To access, go to back to the home screen and choose Add-ons > Audio Add-ons > TuneIn Radio.
Be aware that you will have to leave Kodi and go to Spotify to allow the plugin. It will work as soon as you grant the plugin permission. That is all there is to the Spotify add-on. Providing you have a premium account, you can listen to Spotify just as you would if you were using other methods.
And that is how you choose and install the TuneIn Radio add-on. Listen to your favorite radio stations for free. With over 100,000 stations, TuneIn has the largest free selection of sports, news, music and talk radio from around the world. By upgrading to the premium service, you gain access to over 40,000 audio books. Additionally you have the opportunity to listen to more than 600 commercial free stations, as well as NFL and MLB games.
The problem with premium is that it is available in the US only. However, by using a VPN, you can get around these geo-restrictions. Don’t miss out on a great product, just because of where you live.
How to Install TuneIn Radio Addon for Kodi v16 Jarvis
- Open Kodi Jarvis (v16.1)
- From here, click on the heading that says System.
- From here, click on Add-ons and then choose the option that says Install from zip file.
- Choose the file that you downloaded earlier. It should be labeled plugin.audio.tuneinradio-2.1.0.zip.
- Wait for a few moments, and you’ll get a notification message telling you the add-on is updated.
- Access the add-on by going to Videos > Audio Add-Ons > TuneIn Radio from your home screen.