For everyone that remember the Genesis offering, there is now a revision called the Genesis Reborn add-on. Only time can tell if it will live up to the reputation of the old version. From what we have seen, it does a pretty good job. The add-on will give you access to many high quality streams, and it is definitely one you should add to your list. If you want to check it out, use our guide to help you download and install it.
Reminder: Using a VPN with Kodi will allow you to privately access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend IPVanish, a fast, no-log VPN. You can use their Fire TV app to change IP and unblock restrictions. Save 60% off now with our Kodi Reviews promo code.
Before we get started, keep in mind that this addon is not part of the official Kodi repository. It is supported by the Genesis Reborn team. If you need help, please do not go to the Kodi website and ask any questions. Instead, the Genesis Reborn team is available to help you.
Install the Genesis Reborn Add-on for Kodi v17 Krypton
First, we will start with the Krypton version of Kodi.
- Start by opening Kodi.
- From the home screen, click on the Settings icon (it looks like a gear). On the next screen, you’ll see an icon that says File Manager. When you see the list, scroll down until you see Add source heading and choose it.
- By doing so, you’ll see a box pop up that says Add file source.
- Next, click on the highlighted line that says <None>.
- Enter exactly http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/ and hit the Done button.
- This addon needs a name. Enter the name Genesis Reborn or whatever you want to call it.
- Now, click the OK button to add the file.
- Once added, return to the home screen and select Add-ons. You should see the icon of an open box at the top. Click on Install from zip file. Choose Genesis Reborn, then select repository.jesusboxtv.zip.
- Wait for the notification that tells you the JesusBox Repository is enabled.
- Next, go to Install from Repository > JesusBox Repository > Genesis Reborn.
- Access by going to the home screen Add-ons > Video add-ons > Genesis Reborn.
Those are the steps you need to follow for the addon on the Krypton (v17) version. Now, we’ll show you the instructions for Jarvis.
Install the Genesis Reborn Add-on for Kodi v16 Jarvis
If you are using Jarvis, the instructions vary slightly but should be easy to follow.
- Open Kodi Jarvis (v16.1)
- From the home screen, go to the System heading, and you’ll see File Manager as a subcategory, so click on it.
- Next, click on Add source.
- Click in the box that says <None>, enter http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/ and click Done.
- Now, label it genesis reborn or whatever you like. As long as you know what it is, you are fine. Next, hit OK.
- Once added, go back to the home screen, and click on the heading that says System.
- From here, click on Add-ons and then choose the option that says Install from zip file.
- Choose genesis reborn. Next, select the option that says repository.jesusboxtv.zip.
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from Repository, JesusBox Repository > Genesis Reborn.
- Again, wait for the add-on enabled message
- Access the add on by going to Videos > Video Add-Ons > Genesis Reborn from your home screen.
You are now ready to go with either version you choose.